Reading a novel can be relaxing when it is done for fun. If you have to write an essay about a book, it can be challenging. If you follow the process for writing, you will create an excellent piece. If you have to write an essay about the famous Animal Farm book, how will you present it? What elements should it contain? Is it a summary of the book? This article will highlight themes for Animal Farm essay as well as how to write the essay.
How To Write Animal Farm Analytical Essay
To start your essay on Animal Farm, you need to understand that a summary doesn’t cut it. Your professor wants to see more than just a plot of the story. They want an allegory with themes of the novel highlighted. Teachers want you to throw more light on the totalitarianism as well. What is the big picture idea from the story? What are the techniques used to accomplish this goal?
As you write your Animal Farm literary analysis, the best way to start is to write a theme statement. This sentence basically explains what the author tried to convey about the world, life, humanity, or anything else from the story.
Think about the Animal Farm George Orwell essay as having more meaning outside the main story. Then interact with the text personally and worldly. That is the only way to write an essay and not just summarize it. Here are some questions to help you gather more information for your essay:
- What theme subjects does it highlight? That is more than the plot. So, it includes things like power, love, revenge, death, freedom, war, growing up, and more. Make a list of them. Some include power and how it corrupts, class distinction, and others.
- What themes do you understand from above? Can you analyze them? Pick a few to work with on your essay.
- What is the context of Animal Farm and how does it shape the novel? Placement of a novel within history can be an important factor, nothing exists independently out of time.
- Is there symbolism and metaphor in Animal Farm? Go in depth on this subject, and what Animal Farm represents.
Writing Your Animal Farm Essay Outline
Your essay should contain an introduction, body, and conclusion, as do most basic essays. Before diving too deep into your Animal Farm essay topics and writing focus, you should understand basic structure of an essay. It is important to have a solid essay outline.
Here is a basic Animal Farm essay outline:
- Introduction: Here is where you introduce your essay. Start broadly and then state your focus and essay topic in a thesis statement.
- Body: The body of an essay should ideally consist of at least three paragraphs, but if you are writing a longer essay than, clearly, more paragraphs is appropriate. When you prepare your outline divide the body of the essay into smaller sections, each for a separate idea.
- Conclusion: Finally, there is the Animal Farm essay conclusion. Here you shouldn’t add any new information, instead summarize your points and write an apt statement that finalizes your essay. You may also repeat your thesis here.
You may alter your body section of the outline, but at the very basic steps this is the structure. Now when you brainstorm and take notes you can outline your ideas within this structure, to make sure your ideas come across clearly.
Animal Farm Theme Essay
As you create a thesis statement for Animal Farm essay, you still need to do some brainstorming. This is because planning your essay properly makes it easier to write an essay. Use a rough draft for this and then use the idea from the draft to write the essay. To complete your theme statement that will become your Animal Farm thesis statement, you need to ask yourself some questions. The answers to those questions will determine what you will write about in your essay. They include:
- What is the cause of the class segregation in the story?
- What did the class segregation cause eventually?
- If you pick two themes, how do these themes interrelate?
- From the ideas gathered from the three questions above, what was the author trying to pass as a lesson to readers?
Come up with ideas from the fourth question and narrow the answer you get to a single sentence. If you succeed in narrowing down the idea based on the book’s plot, then you will write an excellent theme statement. Note that the idea may be broad, but it is applicable beyond the main story. That means that it must not contain any direct references to the plot details. Still, the idea must be specific enough not to get mistaken as any other book.
Topics For Animal Farm Theme Essay
After getting a theme, you need to streamline it to the topic. Some topic ideas for your essay can border around manipulation in Animal Farm or literary criticism of Animal Farm. Some other Animal Farm essay topics include:
- Compare and contrast ruling methods of Napoleon and Snowball
- Discuss the similarities between Napoleon and Jones
- Which characters are protagonists?
- Discuss the characters and their names and illustrate their personalities.
Lots of authors know that characters in a story sell it. These can be symbols and also serve a greater purpose. The author of Animal Farm, George Orwell, used his characters as symbols. You can also do the same for your Animal Farm persuasive essay.
Some other topics from the theme include:
- Describe the main theme of Animal Farm
- Describe the power tussle and how power corrupts the pigs
- Discuss the Animal Farm novel’s correlation to the revolution of Russia
- How did Napoleon corrupt the socialist ideas of Snowball and Old Major?
- The novel is based on the Russian revolution but are the themes relevant now?
- What causes class segregation and distinction among humans from the novel
- How did the author highlight the gullibility of the working class?
- How was the language used as a tool for control on the farm?
You can’t go wrong with themes and characters. If you want other literary devices to use, consider some topics about symbolism. Here are some other options for essay topics that can be a great English essay help for you.
Interesting Animal Farm Essay Topics
If you love learning about certain historical events, then “Animal Farm” is the perfect book to read. It has a great storyline through different animal characters who portray real-life events occurrence.
- Compare the ruling styles of Napoleon and Snowball.
- Are there any characters that you view as protagonists?
- Do you think the author used the names of the different characters based on their personalities?
- The main theme featured in Animal Farm.
- How was class portrayed in the Animal Farm novel?
- How did the pig use language to control other farm animals?
- In “Animal Farm”, how do you think power plays a role in changing and corrupting the pigs?
- How is symbolism portrayed through the different characters?
- How is human civilization portrayed in the novel?
- How was the windmill used to portray the pig’s power?
- Are there any ironic scenarios in Animal Farm?
- In the novel, when did Napoleon prove himself as a tyrant?
- Evaluate Major’s speech as a form of persuasion.
Great Animal Farm Essay Prompts
Before choosing a topic, it is important to have gone through the “Animal Farm” book at least once. This will help you gather enough points that you will use in your essay.
- Do you think human characters play a role in the Animal Farm themes and issues?
- The role of wordplay in the Animal Farm novel.
- Evaluate the seven commandments as portrayed in the book.
- How can we perceive Orwell in the novel?
- How do the leaders impact the other characters in Animal Farm?
- Evaluate the theme of betrayal in Animal Farm as shown by different characters.
- How is democracy shown in Animal Farm?
- Evaluate fear in Animal Farm.
- Which plot elements bring suspense and tension?
- How does the abuse of power cause negative effects upon the animals in the book?
- In the novel, how do animals either lose or give away their freedom in the novel?
- Evaluate symbolism as shown in Animal Farm.
- The major takeaways from Animal Farm.
Best Animal Farm Topics
Animal Farm is one of the most interesting book in the world. Here are some of the best Animal Farm topics that you can use to have a better understanding of the book.
- Evaluate propaganda in Animal Farm.
- How would you discuss the Animal Farm novel from a Marxist perspective?
- The effectiveness of propaganda used by Napoleon in Animal Farm.
- Which characters are the most dangerous in the novel?
- How does symbolism show communism in the book?
- How does George Orwell’s avoidance of social force show?
- How does Orwell explore the problem of rhetoric issues?
- How would Animal Farm become effective to someone with little knowledge of the history of the Soviet Union?
- How were animals almost achieving Orwell’s perspective.
- How is the societal tendency towards social stratification present in Animal Farm?
- Snowball’s role in the story.
- How is capitalism condoned in Animal Farm?
- Is Animal Farm a sure reflection of the Russian revolutions?
Animal Farm Research Topics
How many times have you read Animal Farm? If you feel comfortable, you can use any of these topics for your essay. They are easy, simple, and straightforward.
- Evaluate the social conflicts found in Animal Farm.
- Do a literary analysis of Animal Farm.
- How is the use of distortion a literary device in Animal Farm book?
- The effectiveness of the inability of animals to read in the novel. Does it affect their lives?
- The various importance of freedom is portrayed in the book.
- How is the distortion of socialism shown in Animal Farm?
- The theme of the deterioration of morals in Animal Farm.
- How is humor used to describe historical events?
- The major political event that led to the writing of Animal Farm by George Orwell.
- Evaluate how different characters are taken advantage of.
- Discuss the political cycle shown in Animal Farm.
Animal Farm Essay – Easier Than It Seems
Now that you can follow all the tips above to create an excellent Animal Farm essay, you actually need to write it. Even though you understand the concepts and ideas, you might still not have enough time or writing skill to get a successful grade for your Animal Farm essay. That is why there is always the option of hiring writers. If you’re thinking “I want to pay someone to write my essay,” well you’re in luck because our service offers exactly that. Our essay writers are absolute professionals of their field and they will write the most high quality essays you will find anywhere. There is also an option to hire an essay editor online, if you simply need someone to proofread and suggest edits for an existing essay. You will be the best student in your class, and your teacher will be proud.