Writing a compelling health essay requires breaking down ideas into bit sizes to convey clear thought. Health essay topics are broad; they can be subclassed into different categories. You can write about mental health, public health, psychological health, common and rare diseases, and other health topics of interest. All of these fall within their different unique categories.
To craft a powerful and impressive essay topic, you’ll first need to narrow down your ideas towards concrete and familiar topics. This will make the writing easier for you. When writing essay topics related to health, attention is focused on the style which can either be argumentative, persuasive, or narrative depending on the subject matter. Here are different health-related essay topics.
Health Argumentative Essay Topics
Topics within the argumentative essay can range from mental health argumentative topics, health essay topics for high school students to health and fitness topics essays and so much more.
Health is of fundamental human interest. It defines the state of our general physical and mental well-being which is influenced primarily by our lifestyle, society, diet, and other contributing factors.
Understanding the ways our bodies function which in turn impacts our health is of primary importance, this might not often be the case for a layperson, but educated people and those within academia are constantly expanding knowledge, seeking and proffering information on health issues through argumentative essays which can look like.
- Legislation against birth control is a denial of fundamental human rights
- Surrogacy should not be required only for health issues
- Birth control is a fundamental human right
- Access to mental health care is a privilege
- Health care insurance should be accessible to low-income workers
- Birth Control pills have serious health effects
- Access to menstrual equipment is a privilege
- Exercising isn’t basically for weight loss.
- Cosmetic Surgery is unhealthy and life-threatening
- Fast-food chains contribute majorly to the health crisis
- Dental health care is a luxury
- Smart devices are harming human health.
- Political corruption is affecting the American healthcare system
- Race, class, and ideology play a vital role in the deterioration of the healthcare system
- Female Circumcision: the dangers of gendered based health regulations
- Essential healthcare workers are not prioritized enough
- Should alcohol be wholly restricted for high school students?
- Healthy eating will keep you from regular doctor’s appointments
- Oversleeping has major health side effects
- Government’s role in preventing an affordable healthcare system
- The health effects of Bulimia
- The health benefits of Cannabis
- Health reasons why Marijuana should be legalized
- Mental health and Physical health have equal impacts
- Health effects of excessive fitness practices
- The importance of technology in the healthcare system
- Why do most people shy away from hospitals because of fear and not just lack of funds?
- The efficiency of traditional Chinese medicine over Western medicine
- IVF and Surrogacy, which one is cost-effective?
- The psychological effect of egg freezing on single women
Persuasive Essay Health Topics
For many students, writing a persuasive essay is highly required of them in school; this is essentially the case for many high school students whose professor devises this essay style as a way to broaden their knowledge on any given topic and to enable them to go about writing an informed essay supporting the required topic. Some persuasive health topics include:
- Healthy eating should be prioritized more than exercise
- Schools should encourage sex education and incorporate it into their curriculum
- Mental health should be paid adequate attention to in schools
- Banning the usage of drugs helps to reduce the high level of drug abuse
- Incarceration shouldn’t be the only viable correctional means as it has serious psychological effects
- Marijuana should be legalized in all US states as it has health benefits
- Every workplace should provide health insurance for its workers
- Low-income workers should have adequate access to health care
- Americans should create time to rest as it can reduce the health issues that result from overworking
- Tampons and Sanitary pads should be made available in public spaces
- The advantages of blood donations and organ donations
- Why access to mental health care is a fundamental right
- Why regular breakfast intake can benefit your health
- Self-care can also be regarded as healthy living
- Physical exercise should be adequately encouraged
- Why people need to reduce their level of sugar intake
- Why the government needs to legitimize birth control
- Health care should be accessible for everyone
- Why people should be encouraged to donate to charity healthcare programs
- Breastfeeding should be encouraged for at least 6 months
- Mothers should be given paid maternity leave
- Why teenagers should be given access to birth control pills
- Dental care and mental health care should be affordable
- Everyone should be able to access free medical care, especially in an emergency
- Why we should encourage healthy eating.
- Government should regulate the fast-food chain
- How the fast-food chain contributes to the rising case of obesity
- More attention should be paid to child obesity
- Fatness should not always be seen as the symbol of unhealthiness
- Government should pay proper attention to how to curb the imbalance in the medical health sector
Mental Health Essay Topics
Mental health is directly linked to our psychological health, and the smooth functioning of it determines our general well-being. Topics centered majorly on mental health discuss primary issues that fall within the mental health management field. Dive in below if you are looking for mental health argumentative essay topics or any other topics related to mental health.
- An essay focusing on the mental health decline in America
- How many corporate companies are prioritizing workers’ mental health?
- Schools in America are putting structures in place to enhance mental health discussions
- Why college and university curriculums require general courses on mental health
- How to effectively manage mental health in a toxic workplace
- The relationship between anxiety and mental health
- How American Television is approaching the mental health subject
- Factors that can promote mental health
- How to bring up mental health conversations at home
- How poor mental health impacts students in their academic performance
- The relationship between poor academic performance and mental health
- Why mental health should not be pathologized
- How physical activity can impact mental health negatively
- Why we should all encourage a safer environment for our mental well-being
- Emotional and mental health are linked
- What are the major mental health challenges—trauma or substance abuse?
- How the mental health of low-income earners can be prioritized in America
- In America, how immigrant workers navigate mental health
- How displacement contributes to mental instability
- Why we should set up charity donations for mental health
- How to access mental health care is a luxury in America
- The pathologizing of mental health issues
- Growing trend: how capitalism is building upon the mental health movement
- How safe spaces and healthy communities promote mental health
- Common mental health conditions and ways to navigate them
- The role American schools are playing in promoting mental health
- Why therapists need to take care of themselves too
- Mental health therapists need therapy too
- Why openness about mental illness should be encouraged
- How abuse contributes to mental illness
Health and Wellness Essay Topics
Health and wellness generally comprise so many health care essay topics that can be discussed elaborately. This is because the health and wellness field is broad, it contains various distinct topics that include physical wellness, emotional wellness, intellectual wellness, social wellness, mental wellness, and other aspects that make for in-depth essays. Here are relevant topics on the subject.
- The continuous stigmatization of mental health in our society
- Why do people develop health disorders?
- How does ADH impact a person’s health?
- How anxiety, depression can affect social performance
- Why more research should focus on effective Cancer treatments
- Why the voices of mentally ill people should be heard
- How the pathologizing of mental health is harmful on its own.
- Why community therapy should be encouraged
- How boundaries can improve general health and wellbeing
- What doctors should do when a person refuses healthcare on a religious basis
- Is healthcare in the rural areas suffering more than in the city?
- How consistent yoga practice improves our health and mindset
- How supplements boost our immune system
- Why schools should have more health care systems and first aid treatments
- Ways to encourage a toddler to eat more vegetables
- How insomnia in toddlers can be adequately managed
- The health impacts and benefits of consistent 6 months of breastfeeding
- How PTSD affects new and nursing mothers
- Why paid maternity leave can also improve the well-being of nursing moms
- How to motivate a child to exercise more
- How to reduce your sugar intake and eat healthily
- How parents can encourage their kids to reduce the consumption of fast foods
- How to manage a child that bed wet
- Do nannies affect a child’s development?
- How to deal with arthritis as you get older
- How older people can still engage in outdoor activities
- How to cope with amnesia and Alzheimer’s
- How to support an aging parent
- How nursing homes promote good health for both old people and their caretakers
- Why is plant-based nutrition healthier than eating meat?
- The importance of a cheat meal
Health and Medicine Essay Topics
Health and medicine even while being within the subdivision of health is still a broad topic to write about. Regardless, the topics can be further broken down to what is familiar to you and what will be intriguing to the reader. Here are some intriguing health related essay topics to consider.
- The intersection of medicine and religion
- How medicine was catered for HIV in third world countries
- The side effects of the Covid vaccine
- How awareness about health and medicine can be created in rural areas
- How to make medicine more accessible in rural communities
- The benefits of free medicine
- Medical treatment for mental health conditions
- How technology is revolutionizing the production of health products and medicine
- New research on cancer treatments and medicine
- How HIV treatment helps survivors maintain healthier lifestyles
- How people with chronic illness and from low-income homes get access to free medicine
- The history and importance of vaccination
- How the Covid-19 vaccine is helping us return to normal
- Treatments available for autism patients
- Clinical researches going on for Alzheimer’s treatments
- The treatment process for Anorexia and Bulimia
- Why western medicine should accommodate traditional medicine
- The mental impacts of Covid-19
- Why uninsured people need access to medicine and healthcare
- Should CBD be promoted?
- Why vaccination should be mandatory
- Can minors assent to their medical care in the absence of their guardians?
- Medical treatment and drugs for mental illness should be made affordable
- How free medicine and healthcare can improve the system
- Why no one should have access to drugs except on a doctor’s prescription
- How access to drugs are encouraging drug abuse
- Why rural communities need free accessible healthcare
- Medical treatments for Insomnia
- How insomnia can be controlled with traditional medicine
- The exorbitant cost of healthcare
Health Psychology Essay Topics
Health psychology focuses on some factors and how they can either be used to mitigate against psychological issues or how they as well impact psychological health issues. Writing about psychology and health has various aspects that could be drawn up and here are some of the best topics for essays on health psychology.
- How ADH responses impact the productivity level and social experiences of its patients
- The effects of panic attacks, depression, and mental disorders on people
- How wrongful mental health diagnosis can affect a person’s health conditions
- The importance of psychological intervention in the United States
- How drug abuse affects people psychologically and how it can be addressed
- Food insecurity impacts on children and adolescents in the United States
Public Health Essay Topics
Public health covers a wide range of intriguing topics, from issues related to the promotion of the general health and well-being of the society to the research on common and rare diseases and prevention methods on how to handle public health challenges like this. Essay topics on public health discuss these diseases, the public health crisis, and ways to prevent and control them. Here are some of them.
- How harmful is the smoking of cigarettes and tobacco to the general public?
- Ways society can foster healthier living through the practice of sustainable living measures
- How to stop the widespread use of the new COVID-19 variant
- Is there a medically proven way to cure colds and coughs?
Get Help With Your Health Essay Today!
If you are hoping to meet up with essay deadlines, you can be assured of our professional ENL US writers for hire online that can assist in preparing fast and top-notch essays at a cheap rate. You can be certain of the custom information that will attain you high grades.